- Rozprawa doktorskaOtwarty dostępImplementacja zaawansowanych algorytmów przetwarzania, analizy i szyfrowania obrazów w układach reprogramowalnych(2013-03-08, 2013-04-04) Kryjak, TomaszWydział Elektrotechniki, Automatyki, Informatyki i Inżynierii BiomedycznejThe thesis presents a range of advanced hardware modules to realize image processing, analysis and encryption implemented in reprogrammable FPGA device. Encryption with the block cipher Clefia and colour image filtering with the PGF (Peer Group Filtering) algorithm were proposed. In both cases, it was the first implementation of the method in FPGA. Local thresholding described in a high level synthesis language Mitron-C was also presented. In the following part of the thesis, research results on background generation and moving object detection were described. As the basis the multivariant clustering algorithm was used. Several improvements were introduced among others: the use of the CIE Lab colour space and an additional segmentation using textural information. Finally, three modules useful in automated video surveillance systems, which are based on background generation, were implemented. These includes intrusion into protected zone detection, camera tampering detection and head and shoulders detection using LBP descriptor and SVM. All proposed modules allow processing of the video stream with a resolution of at least 640 x 480 and a frequency of 60 frames per second in real time. The research results were published in several scientific journals and conference proceedings.
- Rozprawa doktorskaOtwarty dostępDevelopment of prototype luminosity detector modules for future experiments on linear colliders(2013-02-22, 2013-02-25) Kulis, SzymonWydział Fizyki i Informatyki StosowanejThe main objective of this dissertation is to develop and validate the prototype module of the LumiCal luminosity detector. The dissertation presents the works executed from the first detector concept, through all subsequent R&D stages, ending with the test beam results obtained using the complete detector module. Firstly, the linear electron positron colliders and planned experiments are introduced, together with their role in our understanding of the basis of matter and sensing for the New Physics. The signal extraction from radiation sensors and further signal processing techniques are discussed in chapter 2. Besides the commonly accepted techniques of amplitude and time measurements, a novel readout implementation, utilizing digital signal processing and deconvolution principle, is proposed, and its properties are analyzed in details. The architecture, design, and measurements of the LumiCal readout chain components are presented in chapter 3. A dedicated test setups prepared for their parameterization are described together with the results of extensive measurements. Finally, the construction of two prototype detector modules is presented in chapter 4. The first module comprises of limited functionalities, while the second one features all functionalities. The design considerations and performance results of these two modules are followed by the test beam results.
- Rozprawa doktorskaOtwarty dostępZastosowanie MES do syntezy wibroakustycznych pól sprzężonych w układach o wymuszeniu impulsowym(2013, 2013-02-22) Filipek, Roman KazimierzWydział Inżynierii Mechanicznej i RobotykiIn the paper numerical sound synthesizer was developed for generating an acoustic signal with desired parameters at selected sound field points in a system excited by the impulse forcing. The resulting numerical synthesizer consists of two main blocks. The task of is to determine the first block sound source design parameters which allow to get the desired acoustic performance. The parameters taken into account first of all are the frequency components of the sound spectrum and the appropriate proportions between them. This is achieved by planning on the basis of DOE numerical experiment, obtaining system response surface (RS) and finding on it solution. The second block is designed to sound synthesis. For this purpose was developed a numerical model that describes the mechanical field, the sound field and the coupling between them. It allows the generation of an acoustic signal at any point of the field. The object of the application were three selected designs: Tibetan bowl, a bell and a sealed-box speaker. The synthesis included in dissertation is particularly interesting and useful in practice for the bells. It allows that even at the early stage of prototyping it is possible to choose appropriate design parameters, preview the generated sound and make approporiate adjustments in order to meet the needs of the recipient. This results in a better product without having to bear the cost of the real model manufacturing and testing.
- Rozprawa doktorskaDostęp ograniczonyBadania chłodziarki powietrza z poślizgiem temperatury czynnika chłodniczego i wewnętrznym wymiennikiem ciepła(2012, 2013-01-31) Życzkowski, PiotrWydział Górnictwa i GeoinżynieriiIn a dissertation a mathematical description of work of air indirect refrigerator type TS-450P in steady state with temperature glide during phase change of the refrigerant R407C and the presence of an internal heat exchanger was presented. Created mathematical model includes following equations: the power equations of heat exchangers, isenthalpe equation for the expansion valve and refrigerant vapour compression equation with the isentropic efficiency. Proving linear variation of isobars during phase change of refrigerant R407C, the phenomenon of temperature glide was included in the calculation of evaporator. Thermodynamic and transport properties of R407C refrigerant were described by 23 relationships for the subcooled region, saturated liquid, two-phase region, saturated vapour and superheated vapour. Obtained results were compared with in situ measurements of the refrigerator parameters. The results of the dissertation can be used in practice, not only in the description of the TS-450P refrigerators parameters, but also in calculations, which require knowledge of the thermodynamic and transport properties of R407C refrigerant.
- Rozprawa doktorskaOtwarty dostępAnaliza własności i synteza projektowa silnika synchronicznego z magnesami trwałymi do rozruchu bezpośredniego (LSPMSM) z wykorzystaniem metod polowych i optymalizacji(2013, 2013-02-28) Bajek, MarcinWydział Elektrotechniki, Automatyki, Informatyki i Inżynierii BiomedycznejLine Start Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine (LSPMSM) is a high-efficiency motor, easy to operate, with great potential of application. Due to the capacity to start directly after supplying from a net, which is characteristic for the induction motors, and the ability to operate with synchronus speed at variable load, the LSPMSM in many areas is an interesting alternative to the commonly used induction motors. The aim of this work is to create a tool for the analysis and designing of the LSPMSM based on an analytical model that takes into account the geometry, stator windings parameters and properties of the used materials, which can be implemented in the optimization procedure. A solution of a properly defined design optimization task should give the result of finding the best design, which is characterized mainly by efficiency meeting the highest standards. The first chapter discusses some basic properties of the LSPMSM, based on a national and foreign professional literature review. Problems associated with the analysis of this type of machine as well as the main aspects of what should be kept in mind while designing a LSPMSM has been outlined. The discussion refers to three-phase and single-phase machines. The second chapter focuses on the procedure of selecting the structure of LSPMSM, which serves later in the thesis to define the reference design. The type of active materials used in the analysis has been defined. This section also presents the results of a comparative analysis of the LSPMSM and an induction motor of similar size and rated power. The third chapter describes the proposed universal analysis tool, which is magnetically linear analytical model of the LSPMSM created in the Matlab environment. Results were presented concerning i.a. magnetic flux density in selected parts of the machine, prediction of iron loss and noise generation. This section describes the procedure for refinement and verification of the proposed model using field calculations in Flux 2D, based on the finite element method (FEM). The fourth chapter demonstrates the significant scope of use of the LSPMSM analytical model. The results have been presented allowing an evaluation of such properties as line starting, self-synchronization and overload capacity. A description of optimization method, definitions of design optimization tasks as well as adopted optimization variables and constraints has been included in chapter five. It contains the results of two optimization problems: scalar one concerning maximization of the LSPMSM efficiency and bicriterial one concerning a search for the structure representing a compromise between high efficiency and low cost of the machine. The sixth chapter is a description of the laboratory stand and measurement results used for experimental verification of the adopted optimization procedure. The verification has concerned the LSPMSM prototype designed with the help of the proposed model described in the earlier part of the work. Experimentally determined machine properties during a synchronous operation as well as during a start-up have ultimately validated the applied designing procedure.